FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Click on the questions to see the answers.
If you cannot find an answer to your question here, please go to our support page and send us an inquiry.
I cannot hear any sound on your app but I hear audio for all my other apps??
This could be something to do with the behavior of the mute switch on the iPad.
Try this easy fix:
In the Settings app, under General, you can change the behavior of the Side Switch between 'Lock Rotation' and 'Mute'. Try setting this to 'Mute' then switch the Side Switch back and forth to see if this has any effect? Sometimes the iPad can get stuck in 'Mute' mode when this setting is changed (and some apps don't obey the mute setting, so you might get audio from some apps and not others)
If this issue is in the iPhone or iPod Touch, try and reboot the phone by holding down the home key and the button on the upper right of the phone for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple logo. This should kill multi-tasking and hopefully remedy the problem. If that doesn't fix it, try and un-install the app, reboot the device then re-install the app.
How can I play Chinese 13 Card Poker with friends or random opponents on Game Center??
There's a few things you need to do before playing Chinese 13 Card Poker on Game Center. First, make sure you have a login on Game Center. In the Game Center app, create a login and make sure you are logged in before starting a Chinese 13 Card Poker session. Next, make sure you have notifications turned on for game center. To do this, go to Settings app, under Notifications, and turn on notifications for Game Center. This will enable you to see invites and friend requests. If you are properly logged in when you start Chinese 13 Card Poker you will see a banner appear at the top of the screen welcoming you back to Game Center.
To play a game against a random opponent you can either host or join a game. If you want to join a random game, click on the 'Play Onlne GameCenter' button. The default is 1 auto match player, if you want to play against 1 auto match player, hit 'play now', if you want more opponents hit the + to add more auto match or invite players. If someone else is waiting to playt a game, you will connect with others in a game.
To play against up to 3 other friends on Game Center you need to make sure of a few things. You need to be registered as 'friends' through Game Center first. Once that handshake has been made outside of the app, you can tap on the 'invite friend' and invite friends to play. The 'friend' you wish to play with also has to have notifications turned on for Game Center, needs to be logged into Game Center and needs to own the Chinese 13 Card Poker app as well. For any other questions related to Chinese 13 Card Poker, please visit our instructions section on the site.
Can you help me troubleshoot Bluetooth connectivity in Chinese 13 Card Poker?
Connecting using Peer 2 Peer bluetooth can sometimes be a little bit tricky, especially for more than two players. If you are having trouble connecting, here are some tips:
1) Be patient!!! Sometimes connections can take a long time, especially in areas with lots of wireless traffic.
2) It may seem obvious, but make sure Bluetooth is enabled on all of the devices! To enable Bluetooth, open the Settings app, select General, select Bluetooth, then slide the switch to ON.
3) WiFi can sometimes interfere with Bluetooth connections, so turning it off will often help, especially in busy places like coffee shops. To turn off WiFi, open the Settings App, select WiFi, and slide the switch to OFF.
4) On the host device, when the list of devices to connect is shown, sometimes the device will be listed as 'Smappsoft's iPhone', instead of the name that was after clicking "Join A Game" on the remote device. Don't select that listing - rather wait for the name that was entered to appear.
5) Sometimes, canceling the connection and trying again works. Wait at least 30 seconds before trying this.